It’s Tasty Recipe Thursday! Who doesn’t love a Banana Split? Even better – a healthier version from Destination Spa, Red Mountain. Come on – live a little!
Brûlé Banana Split
Banana Split Ingredients
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
1 tbsp. Fresh berries
1 tbsp. Vanilla bean ice cream
1 tbsp. Fruit sorbet
1 tbsp. Chocolate sauce
1 tbsp. Agave caramel sauce
1 tbsp. Raspberry-pomegranate coulis
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Ingredients
6 tbsp. Raspberries, frozen
1 tbsp. Pomegranate juice
1 tbsp. Fructose
Directions for Banana Split:
- Peel and quarter banana lengthwise; coat with brown sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Put two banana quarters in bowl; top with vanilla bean ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries, drizzle with agave caramel, raspberry-pomegranate and chocolate sauces.
Directions for Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis:
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Simmer over low medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree and strain.