The calendar says it’s officially summer! Are you going on vacation to celebrate the season? I’m heading back to my former home state of Kentucky soon to hang with friends and my daughter. And, since I now live at the beach, it’s almost like always being on vacation. Come on down and join me!
As a lover of all things travel, I found a recent article from Destination Spa Canyon Ranch to be particularly helpful. It was called “How to be a happy, healthy tourist”. A few excerpts:
- Keep your "to pack" list and use it when you repack to come home. It'll remind you to locate your child's treasured stuffed dinosaur that rolled under the hotel bed.
- If you're planning to be walking much more than usual, make sure you're in shape for it. Break in any new shoes.
- If you're flying, it pays to prepare. Bring antibacterial soap or wipes. Request bottled water, rather than tap water. Try a nasal irrigation system like SinuCleanse the day before, during and after the flight to protect you from viruses as they enter your nose.
- If you cross several time zones, try not to nap. Wait for your normal bedtime; you're more likely to get a full night's sleep. Anti-jet lag medications with melatonin may help.
- Dress for comfort. Forget those snazzy sandals that rub. Opt for versatile clothes. If the weather looks changeable, wear layers.
- Let the fun continue when you’re back home. Incorporate the joy of your vacation into your home life by framing trip photos, arranging souvenirs, cooking foods you ate while traveling, etc.
So, where are you headed? Debra